Our concierge-style healthcare services, powered by the Assisted Telehealth Platform (ATP™), are designed to provide you with a personalized and comprehensive healthcare experience, all from the comfort of your own home. Our Telehealth Medical Assistants work alongside our Medical Providers – MDs, NPs, and PAs – to ensure that you receive the best possible care, utilizing the latest in telehealth technology.
With the ATP™, our Telehealth Medical Assistants bring all the necessary tools to your doorstep, providing you with a hassle-free and comfortable experience. They provide personalized assistance in scheduling appointments, coordinating visits, and accessing healthcare resources, ensuring that your healthcare journey is streamlined and stress-free.
As your personal healthcare advocates, our Telehealth Medical Assistants serve as your personal ca between you and our Medical Providers, ensuring that your questions and concerns are addressed promptly and effectively. They work closely with our Medical Providers to ensure that you receive personalized care that caters to your specific needs.
With our concierge-style services, powered by the ATP™ and our Telehealth Medical Assistants as your personal healthcare advocates, you can enjoy a comprehensive and personalized healthcare experience that prioritizes your comfort and convenience, all with the latest in telehealth technology. Our team is dedicated to providing you with top-quality care, every step of the way.
Evaluation and Treatment Plans
Our care team is committed to delivering quality patient-oriented care with a proactive and preventative approach to patient health for patients of all ages. We are a valuable partner in your healthcare journey, providing personalized care programs tailored to reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and focus on individual health management from the comfort of your own home.
Our providers care deeply about their patients long-term health. With a determination to provide the care and services in-house to ensure that each patient is treated appropriately. We work with our patient’s home health agencies and supply providers to ensure timely evaluation and treatment plans.
Home Health Evaluations and Certifications
A complete home care assessment is an essential step when coordinating care for an elderly loved one. At Midwest Home Physicians, our home care assessments are an essential part of our approach to home care. Before starting care, we meet with every potential client for an in-depth discussion of their care needs. This allows us to carefully tailor our services to each client’s specific care concerns and challenges.
Medicare and other insurance plans define Durable Medical Equipment (DME) in terms of what they will pay for. DME is covered under Medicare Part B—the part that covers out-of-hospital costs. From Medicare’s perspective, DME is equipment that is:
- Durable: That means the DME is strong enough to be used over and over again. Examples are wheelchairs, hospital beds, and lifts to move the person from bed to chair.
- Medically necessary: The DME is used to treat or manage a disease, injury, or disability. Examples are diabetic supplies, hospital beds, intravenous (IV) tubes to deliver medicines, oxygen tanks, walkers or wheelchairs, and many others.
- Not used by people who do not have an illness or injury: A person who is not ill or disabled does not need a hospital bed.
- Used at home: Home can be a residence, assisted living facility, or long-term stay nursing home.
We evaluate every patient’s situation and file the DME orders so that they arrive right at the patient’s doorstep!
One of the most critical aspects of recovery is taking medications as directed. Midwest Home Physicians’ registered nurse practitioners help patients make sure they are taking the right medicine and the right dosage, at the right time, and according to the doctor’s orders. This includes organizing medicines and setting up reminders to keep patients on track.
- Assist in developing medication schedule
- Review medication regimen
- Create complete list of all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines the patient is taking
- Educate patient and/or caregiver on proper dosage, frequency and side effects
- Evaluate response to medications and effectiveness
- Communicate with patient’s doctor for optimum outcome
- House-call Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Weight Loss
- Wound Care